Food Trucks for a Cause
The Food Trucks Are Coming!
The Food Trucks Are Coming! And this year there will be more nights, more options to eat and less options to be overwhelmed. They will be parking EVERY Monday on the west side of Whole Foods Market. They will be there each Monday from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm starting June 18th and their last night will be on August 28th. You won't have to plan Monday night dinner all summer! How awesome is that?
Here is the most exciting part! YOU get to choose who is coming and which non-profits will benefit. No, really! We will be doing a call out to food trucks that want to participate beginning in February and in March YOU the community get to vote on who you want to be a part of the Monday night options! There will be a minimum of 10 trucks and up to 20 for the entire season. How cool is that?
And then, we will be voting on the non-profits too. We will do a call out to non-profits that want to benefit from this event and again YOU, the community get to vote on who you want to benefit. We will be narrowing it down to ten non-profits as well.
If you know a food truck owner or a non-profit you think should be involved, email email@example.com and ask for an application. But hurry! All application must be in by February 28th!
What’s so great about food trucks, you may ask? I’m so glad you asked!
Here’s my Top Five Reasons Food Trucks Rock:
5. Outside > Inside: If you’re burned out on grilling, it’s a great option that gets you out of the hot kitchen and your family outside. Bring a blanket, have a picnic, make a fun night of it!
4. Variety is the Spice of Life: (along with Food Trucks) Family can’t decide on what to have for dinner? That’s the beauty of the food trucks. Each week a different one or two will be onsite. You don't have to make the decision.
3. The Joy of Discovery A wasabi dog? Why not? Unlike a restaurant with a 10-page menu, food trucks typically specialize on one specific thing. Enjoy that mastery and try something new! If someone has taken the time and effort to devote their food truck to hot dogs, like The Mean Weenie, you know that’s going to be one darn good dog.
2. Fast...It’s a scientific fact: although your clock says Monday has 24 hours like any other day, it’s the longest and slowest of the week! You’ve waited an eternity for it to be dinnertime, who wants to wait any longer to eat? Food truck = fast. Fast is good.
1. Doing Good One Meal at a Time These food trucks aren't just feeding our community, they are caring for it too. Each one of the trucks will donate to a specific non-profit and that’s something we can all feel good about.