October 26, 2012
| Posted in Past Events
Join us on November 16th for our 11th annual “Light the Village” event. Once again the Village will come to life with over 850,000 lights that will illuminate all at once! In addition to lighting our 25 foot tree, we will welcome Santa to the Village for another year of free visits in Santa’s Snug sponsored by Cornerstone Community Financial and Crittenton Hospital.
The festivities begin at 5:30pm with the “Crittenton Stage” coming to life with entertainment and chances to win! The community is being asked to bring a new toy to donate to the Salvation Army as we host our first toy drive through the Village. With each toy that is donated, a raffle ticket will be added to the chance to win one of four grand prizes.
- A chance to ride with Santa from the stage to Santa’s Snug in a Rochester Hills Fire Department truck! And your family gets to be the first to visit with Santa and take your annual photo. *Don’t forget your camera. And if you don’t win, Santa will be around from 7-9pm.
- A down coat from Eddie Bauer
- Tickets to the Nutcracker, being performed by the Michigan Ballet Theatre (chance to win 2 family four packs!)
- Holiday dinner-to-go from Whole Foods Market (family of four) to collect at anytime during the holiday season (must pre-order)
Beginning at 5:30pm local bands, choirs and entertainers will “rock” the stage
5:30-6p.m. – Salvation Army A.R.C. Singers
6-6:30p.m. – Zion Christian Church Choir
6:30-6:45p.m. - Children's and Youth Choir from St. Irenaeus in Rochester Hills
6:45-7:15p.m. – Parade with Emcee Jennifer Kincer (actress in film and television) and special guest Mayor Bryan Barnett
“Cornerstone Parade” Participants:
- Michigan Ballet Theatre-cast of the Nutcracker
- Cornerstone Community Financial-Mascot and Children
- Oakland University Mascot
- Max and Erma
- Stoney Creek High School Marching Band
- Rochester Hills Fire Department with parade highlight…SANTA
7:15-8p.m. - Kincer-Catallo Voice Studio with “The Violettes”
8-8:30p.m. Salvation Army Brass Band
We also will be welcoming celebrity bell ringers to the event. Come and meet: Mayor Bryan K. Barnett, Oakland University Mascot, Stephen Alfaro and Ron Smerigan, both from WDVD 96.3 and of course the Salvation Army Brass Band and A.R.C. Singers. In addition to the entertainment and stage, we also have many community partners that will be onsite with activities and treats!
- LIVE Mannequins from 7:30-8:30pm throughout the Village stores
- Cornerstone Community Financial bringing two photo booths
- Meadow Brook Hall “Teddy Bear” Scavenger Hunt
- Oakland County Moms with a hands on holiday craft
- Rochester Hills Fire Department trucks and firefighters
- Noodles and Company serving their famous Mac and Cheese and hot soup
- Whole Foods Marketing running the Sweets Shack
- Douglas J Salon doing nail painting for the kids
- The “Y” with a hands on activity
- Michigan Ballet Theatre with coloring fun
- Hepburn’s Crepe and Coffee doing face painting in their store
- Williams-Sonoma serving coffee and cider along with a fresh baked goodie
- Royal Park Hotel serving ginger bread cookies
- Salvation Army Eastern Michigan Division bounce house
- Salvation Army Eastern Michigan Division Canteen with hot cocoa and coffee
- Blessings in a Backpack doing their 2013 ornament sales
- Max and Erma with hot, fresh cookies
This year you will not want to miss our “Light the Village” event…it will be fun for the entire family!