November 04, 2013
| Posted in Past Events
Join us on November 22nd for our 12th annual “Light the Village” event. Once again the Village will come to life with over 850,000 lights that will illuminate all at once! In addition to lighting our 25 foot tree, we will welcome Santa to the Village for another year of free visits in Santa’s Snug sponsored by Cornerstone Community Financial and Crittenton Hospital.
The festivities begin at 5:30pm with the “Crittenton Stage” coming to life with entertainment and special guest Jay Towers and Jennifer Kincer.
The community is being asked to bring a new toy to donate to the Salvation Army Eastern Michigan Division as we host our second toy drive through the Village.
Entertainment Schedule: “Crittenton Stage”
5:15-5:30 p.m. - We welcome the St. Irenaeus Children's Choir to the stage - to remind us what the season is truly about!
5:30-6 p.m. – Zippidy 2 Dads opening performance, you won't want to miss this crazy, fun show!
6-6:45 p.m. - The Gratitude Steel Band brought back for an encore performance from 2012!
6:45-7:15 p.m. - Jay Towers from Fresh 100.3, Mayor Bryan K Barnett, Jennifer Kincer, and the Salvation Army Brass Band help welcome Santa and Mrs. Clause to the stage for lighting count down and caroling.
The “Cornerstone Parade” begins at 7 p.m. & includes:
- * Cornerstone Community Financial-Mascot with Children & Mayor Barnett
- * The Violettes
- * Stoney Creek High School Marching Band
- * SANTA brought to town by the Rochester Hills Fire Department
7:15-7:30 p.m. - Caroling led by The Violettes as Santa makes his way to Santa's Snug
7:30-8:15 p.m. - Rockin Around the Christmas Tree with The Gratitude Steel Band
All night long: The following activities will be available from 5:30-9 p.m.:
- Caroling provided by Kincer Voice Studio in Festival Park 7:30-9p.m. Let your children join in the fun!
- Kidz 1st Pediatrics sponsored Above & Beyond's "Playing in the Dark" hands on fun for kids in Fountain Park
- Cornerstone Community Financial photo booth in Festival Park
- Oakland County Moms with a hands on holiday craft
- Noodles and Company serving their famous Mac and Cheese and hot soup in Fountain Park
- Whole Foods Marketing running the Sweets Shack in Fountain Park
- Douglas J Salon passing out glow in the dark necklaces for kids (while supplies last)
- The “Y” with a hands on activity and more.......
- Williams-Sonoma serving coffee and cider along with a fresh baked goodies in their store
- Salvation Army Eastern Michigan Division bounce house in Festival Park
- Salvation Army Eastern Michigan Division Canteen with hot cocoa and coffee in Festival Park
- Max and Erma with hot, fresh cookies - everywhere!
- Toys may be dropped off from today through November 22 at Yummie Yogurt and Moosejaw
- Make an online donation to the Salvation Army by clicking here
This year you will not want to miss our “Light the Village” event…it will be fun for the entire family!